Cheers to a wonderful weekend with a perfect way to end your week- and of course a last minute roundup of a few of my favorite things this week.
Happy Friday, my friends! Just a bit of food for thought: I read the other day that it takes the average person 21 days to form a habit… I mean can you believe it? 21 days to form a habit whether it be eating better, exercising, waking up early, etc… Which means as I am coming up on Day 14 of the Whole30- I only have about 7 more days until this way of eating becomes a habit, right?
Honest question for you all: How many of you are killing it at your New Year’s Resolutions? I must admit so far this year is off to a pretty good start. I have been exercising regularly, eating much better- if I am being honest- weirdly I haven’t had any major cravings, so I am shocked the Whole30 has been so easy. However, while I am doing good on the wellness front, I am sort of failing to figure out how to find my grounding (and solid posting schedule) and implement my new vision for Makeup Life and Love. I want to post more consistently, incorporate new topics, and branch into other things other than just beauty (although I will NEVER not talk about beauty). With that being said, I will work on my new vision and I promise you guys will be the first to know.
Related question: When was the last time you focused on yourself? I know so many of us think that focusing on yourself is a bit selfish- but honestly, it’s a proven fact that sometimes you just need time to yourself. You know the mid-week pamper is a MUST at times. So with that being said, let’s jump into the good stuff from the week and from the weekend to come.
// TOP READS OF THE WEEK //
- This post by Kath give me all the feels. It’s pure perfection and I love the message! #RealbeautyTalk ( The FabZilla)
- For anyone who is looking for the perfect low-cal drink this year. These are perfection rolled into one. Bookmarked under: After Whole30 have a few! (Self.com)
- Loving this read on creating a personal pitch. All my fellow bloggers out there- this is A plus advice. Starting with my favorite: Clarify Your Clique! Trust me, READ IT! (Career Contessa)
- I am currently doing the #Whole30 – you can read more about it HERE– and I have been researching the web for various recipes and food ideas. Here is a list of 20 breakfast, lunch, and dinner options.
// TOP FINDS OF THE WEEK //
- I am always working while I am sitting watching tv- THIS is pure genius!
- I have found that while doing the #Whole30Jan, sometimes an emergency snack is IMPORTANT. These bars are simple and sooooooooo good!
- It’s no secret that I am a HUGE fan of Drunk Elephant skincare, this week they released the T.L.C Sukari Babyfacial, this 25% AHA and 2% BHA is one of a kind on the market and destined to be a MAJOR skincare hit! Snag yours now on Sephora.com
- Since I have been doing the #Whole30 I have been a HARDCORE label reader- this article had me saying WOWWWWW as some companies revealed that they have been using poor/cheap quality olive oil. Must read to make sure your favorite oil isn’t on there.
- My skin this winter has totally hit an all-time dry patch- which is SUPER weird considering I have NEVER had dry skin EVER. It must because I turned a year older this winter- blah! However I have been reaching for this awesome serum, and one of my all time favorites by H2O+ is also super affordable and gives a 24-hour hydrating boost!
- One of my fave jewelry brands Alex and Ani is currently having a sale- up to 40% OFF, and the best part is that the sales benefit Global Citizen (to help take a stand against extra poverty)- some of the pieces are absolutely FABULOUS and benefit such a great cause!
That wraps up this week’s link love. Let me know what were some of your favorite reads and finds this week in the comments below… Happy Weekend everyone!
**Please note this post includes an embedded Affiliate link. This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Makeup Life and Love at times reviews products provided by PR companies. This is disclosed at the bottom of those posts and product is marked with a "*". Regardless if the product was received, I only recommend products and services that I personally use and believe will benefit my readers. All opinions are my own. For more information please visit the Disclosure Page**