Happy Friday everyone! OMG this month has flown by way to entirely fast. I seriously can’t believe that it will be August next week, can you? After a month of semi-slacking, I know I know, I have been a bad blogger this month, I am getting back into the grind and bringing you another one of my favorite bloggers in this weeks edition of Beauty Behind The Blog. This week I am bring you Jessika, she is seriously amazing, her beauty room is a dream and hellooooo her Pinterest board of polish and mani’s is like my heaven. She is the beauty behind the blog Polish Insomniac, and man oh man if you havent checked her out yet- YOU are missing out. So without further ado, I’ll take let Jessika take it over from here…
I am so excited to share “What’s in My Makeup Bag” with the readers of Makeup Life and Love! For those of you who aren’t familiar with me, my name is Jessika (aka jbrobeck) and I am a beauty junkie turned nail blogger who occasionally talks about makeup! I am excited to be taking part of Jamie’s Beauty Behind the Blog series because I look up to Jamie for both her skills and her positive attitude!
When Jamie asked me to show “What’s in My Makeup Bag” I jumped at the chance… Except I don’t really use a makeup bag, other than for travel. Over on Polish Insomniac I recently shared My Beauty Room and my “IKEA collection” of makeup storage. Today I will be showing you what’s in the top drawer of my short wide Alex – aka my “IT Cosmetics Drawer!”
There are a lot of products in this drawer, so I am going to outline the ones I use on a daily basis to get ready for work in the (early!) morning:
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness – I have chronic redness around my nose and melasma on my upper lip. Until I found Bye Bye Redness I would try to use normal concealer, but it never seemed to last and the full coverage ones would make me break out! Bye Bye Redness is different – you only need a smidge of this yellow based corrector!
- Bye Bye Under Eye Waterproof – the new waterproof version of Bye Bye Under Eye is even better than the original! The consistency is lighter and easier to blend. I use a teeny tiny under my eyes and blend it upwards with the IT Cosmetics Dual Airbrush Foundation Concealer brush (the black one pictured above).
- IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation and Celebration Foundation Illumination – I honestly can’t decide which of the formulas I like better. Before using IT Cosmetics products, I had never encountered a powder foundation that didn’t emphasize my dry skin, and now I have two! Between the two formulas I have three shades, so I reach for the one that works for me that day. I use the newer IT Cosmetics Dual Airbrush Foundation Concealer brush in the silver packaging to apply this foundation. I honestly don’t know I got along before owning those brushes!
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Radiance Palette – This all in one palette of bronzer, blush and illuminating powder saves me so much time in the morning when I am getting ready for work! I keep my favorite Bobbi Brown Powder Brush and Bobbi Brown Face Blender right next to the palette. I can reach for them, apply bronzer, blush, and the illuminating powder in less than two minutes!
A few of the items I keep on my vanity for easy reach: Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer – I received a full size tube of this primer when I attended the Blogger Preview Night at The Makeup Show Chicago, but I didn’t start using it until recently. I generally don’t like the feel of silicone on my skin, but on my eyes, it works! The 24 hour claim is no joke – I have an extremely physical job that unfortunately can involve a lot of sweating, but when I come home my eyeshadow looks a great as it did when I left for work in the morning!
- Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner – I have been using this formula all summer and I am in love with it’s staying power and the fact that it doesn’t irritate my eyes! My most used shades are Midnight, Espresso, and Caribbean Sea.
- CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Waterproof Mascara – I picked this up on a whim when I realized that I needed to switch to waterproof mascara for the summer. I tend to stay away from “volumizing” mascaras because I am all about definition and length, but this mascara gives me all three! (See it in action.)
Thanks for taking a peek inside my Alex, and a huge thanks to Jamie for hosting this fabulous serious, Beauty Behind the Blog!
So there you have it everyone another week, another one of my favorite beauty bloggers. Can you all believe her beauty room, OMG – simply gorgeous!! I am totally OBSESSED! I hope you all love her as much as I do. For beauty or mani inspiration head over to her Pinterest, I promise you all will be pinning til your hearts content. For some serious daily beauty enabling check out her Instagram it is loaded with tons of goodies and loads of beauty enabling. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!
**Please note this post includes an embedded Affiliate link. This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Makeup Life and Love at times reviews products provided by PR companies. This is disclosed at the bottom of those posts and product is marked with a "*". Regardless if the product was received, I only recommend products and services that I personally use and believe will benefit my readers. All opinions are my own. For more information please visit the Disclosure Page**