Unless you have been living on a deserted island the past few weeks, then you would know that across the good ole’ U S of A, weather is ramping up big time and it is starting to feel a lot like winter. Oh the dread and the excitement, especially for us Californian’s- where it seems we get all of one season- HOT! Anyhow a few weeks ago, I decided to partake in the ‘Get More For A Dollar’ NIVEA Challenge, and let me tell you- it came at the perfect time! Dry skin and pre-winter dryness be gone; cause Nivea Crème is coming to the rescue, here is my week in the challenge….
In the presence of the cold wind and rain we have been getting in waves currently in California, my skin has begun to take a bit of a turn towards- DRY and semi-itchy in certain areas. Thankfully a wonderful package from Nivea arrived at my door just in the knick of time, because ooooohhhhhhh- my hands and cuticles needed some saving for sure. Now if you don’t know much about Nivea, here is the time to read, devour, and RUN as fast as you can to grab some- because let me tell you, YOU WILL BE HOOKED!
This little wonder in a blue tin, is packed full of skin nourishing goodness. Literally for a whole $1 this little blue tin will take dry skin and turn it into hydrated, nourished, glowing skin. A little goes a loooonnggg way and it seriously forever! I found throughout the course of the week, all the random ways I could use Nivea Crème to suit my needs.
- Helps with thrashed cuticles after endless rounds of nail polish, hand washing and cold weather. Literally it heals cuticles within hours
- Helps with itchy, dry skin QUICKLY. Now I am one to be pretty adamant about applying lotion daily, but this creme literally helped my skin within moments of application on the dry random itchy spots I started to get in some hard to reach areas a la mid back.
- Helps knock out any dry, peeling skin instantly. I applied this a bit to my face, since I recently did a peel and around my nose I started to get dry and flakey. Well let me tell you- dry and flakey NO more. Added bonus- did you know that the coveted La Mer cream and Nivea Crème have some similar (like almost exact) same ingredients? More on that to come in a future post.
- Heals dry, ashy skin on the knees and elbows. When winter weather gets tough, I tend to get a bit on the dry sit and scaly skin on my elbows sometimes happens. No More- thanks to Nivea Crème it helped moisturize the elbows and knees like no other.
- A great foot mask- So everyone has heard the whole Vaseline on the feet, covered with socks helps heals. Well the Nivea Crème applied straight to feet in the morning- you are left with all day soft skin on the footsies. Add some socks, and BOOM- you have a foot mask that hydrates and heals.
- Hair tamer- Sooo this might sound a bit weird. But one windy day last week my little baby hairs were flying everywhere under the sun but down on my head. So I whipped out my little tub of amazingness, grabbed a bit into my palms and applied to my fly-aways . At first I slight freaked out since it was a bit white, but within seconds it was no longer a white cast, the baby hairs laid down better than when using a frizz serum, and stayed down the rest of the day without making hair look greasy at all. LOVE!
Needless to say my week long challenge with Nivea was AWESOME! That little blue tin has now found a permanent spot in my makeup bag, at my desk at work and in a few stockings this Christmas. I am obsessed. Plus thinking about it, all of the uses probably could have saved me roughly $80-$95 instead of buying other products for the purposes. I don’t know about you but a budget beauty deal is always a good time, Who’s with me?
Have you tried the Nivea Crème yet? If so what are some of the ways you use it?
SHOP NIVEA CRÈME: