Cheers to a wonderful weekend with a perfect way to end your week- and of course a last minute roundup of a few of my favorite things this week.
Happy Friday, my friends! Just a bit of food for thought: I read the other day that it takes the average person 21 days to form a habit… I mean can you believe it? 21 days to form a habit whether it be eating better, exercising, waking up early, etc… Which means as I am coming up on Day 14 of the Whole30- I only have about 7 more days until this way of eating becomes a habit, right?
Honest question for you all: How many of you are killing it at your New Year’s Resolutions? I must admit so far this year is off to a pretty good start. I have been exercising regularly, eating much better- if I am being honest- weirdly I haven’t had any major cravings, so I am shocked the Whole30 has been so easy. However, while I am doing good on the wellness front, I am sort of failing to figure out how to find my grounding (and solid posting schedule) and implement my new vision for Makeup Life and Love. I want to post more consistently, incorporate new topics, and branch into other things other than just beauty (although I will NEVER not talk about beauty). With that being said, I will work on my new vision and I promise you guys will be the first to know.
Related question: When was the last time you focused on yourself? I know so many of us think that focusing on yourself is a bit selfish- but honestly, it’s a proven fact that sometimes you just need time to yourself. You know the mid-week pamper is a MUST at times. So with that being said, let’s jump into the good stuff from the week and from the weekend to come.
// TOP READS OF THE WEEK //
- This post by Kath give me all the feels. It’s pure perfection and I love the message! #RealbeautyTalk ( The FabZilla)
- For anyone who is looking for the perfect low-cal drink this year. These are perfection rolled into one. Bookmarked under: After Whole30 have a few! (Self.com)
- Loving this read on creating a personal pitch. All my fellow bloggers out there- this is A plus advice. Starting with my favorite: Clarify Your Clique! Trust me, READ IT! (Career Contessa)
- I am currently doing the #Whole30 – you can read more about it HERE– and I have been researching the web for various recipes and food ideas. Here is a list of 20 breakfast, lunch, and dinner options.
// TOP FINDS OF THE WEEK //
- I am always working while I am sitting watching tv- THIS is pure genius!
- I have found that while doing the #Whole30Jan, sometimes an emergency snack is IMPORTANT. These bars are simple and sooooooooo good!
- It’s no secret that I am a HUGE fan of Drunk Elephant skincare, this week they released the T.L.C Sukari Babyfacial, this 25% AHA and 2% BHA is one of a kind on the market and destined to be a MAJOR skincare hit! Snag yours now on Sephora.com
- Since I have been doing the #Whole30 I have been a HARDCORE label reader- this article had me saying WOWWWWW as some companies revealed that they have been using poor/cheap quality olive oil. Must read to make sure your favorite oil isn’t on there.
- My skin this winter has totally hit an all-time dry patch- which is SUPER weird considering I have NEVER had dry skin EVER. It must because I turned a year older this winter- blah! However I have been reaching for this awesome serum, and one of my all time favorites by H2O+ is also super affordable and gives a 24-hour hydrating boost!
- One of my fave jewelry brands Alex and Ani is currently having a sale- up to 40% OFF, and the best part is that the sales benefit Global Citizen (to help take a stand against extra poverty)- some of the pieces are absolutely FABULOUS and benefit such a great cause!
That wraps up this week’s link love. Let me know what were some of your favorite reads and finds this week in the comments below… Happy Weekend everyone![ReviewDisclaimer]