On deck for the week: New Year’s Resolutions- how are we doing? Have we given up? Skincare tips to help keep you looking fabulous and a few awesome reads in this week’s link love…
Happy Friday, friends! Here is what we got going on deck for today…
Question for you all: How are we all doing on our resolutions? Are we inning? Are we failing? Or are we just trekking on? I’ll admit I am doing VERY well, actually better than well when it comes to my New Year’s Resolutions, although yesterday I went to the grocery store to pick up something really quick. While I was at the checkout I spied some of the most amazing looking breakfast/dessert treats that I absolutely LOVE- Strawberry and Cream Cheese turnovers- thankfully my willpower took over and I didn’t grab any. Note to self- NEVER go to the grocery store hungry. If I am being totally real with you guys, I literally had to tell myself- Two more weeks of Whole30, until you can cheat before going back on the Whole30 (just not as strict).
On another note, is it just me or has this week literally flown by at a rapid pace? I mean I kept thinking that Monday (MLK Day) I was thinking it was Saturday, and then overall this week I have been just off on my days. Thankfully I have a pretty awesome weekend coming – as I will be lounging in Laguna with two of my favorites Romy and Stacy, so I am totally looking forward to that! Some nice relaxation, a few spa treatments, and just overall unplugging. I am EXCITED. The weather this week in Southern California has been a bit weird, and although I am feeling so awesome on the Whole30, I am also kind of stressed out with a few projects I am working on: designing and branding for MLL Designs, so a 3-day break is much needed! Sometimes honestly in life, sometimes it’s so nice to have a very quiet, low-key weekend. Time for some pamper me time, whatever you are up to this weekend- I hope it is wonderful!
And now…. Let’s jump into the good stuff from the week and awesome things for the weekend to come in this week’s link love…
// TOP READS OF THE WEEK //
- It has officially been ONE whole year since I traded my 9-5 job for full-time blogging and web design. This read really gives a good insight and tips on HOW to quit your day job.
- One thing I have been looking for this year, are small tips to use daily to make life awesome. This is a great read and over 21 little everyday changes.
- You are NEVER too old to get your hustle on, this read is worth a whirl- especially if you are thinking you’re too old to make some of your life’s greatest achievements.
- Being a long sufferer of anxiety myself, this incredible read by Kendra is eye opening as she shares her struggles and a few tips on how to deal with anxiety and depression. Trust me you NEVER know what someone is going through based on how they look.
- I am trying to mix up my Whole30 meals, and this looks absolutely amazing (minus the feta cheese).
// TOP FINDS OF THE WEEK //
- In case you missed it, I am sharing a few oldie but goodie products that I have re-incorporated back into my skincare regimen to ward off winter skin. I have used some of them for EVER-deets on what they are here.
- J.Crew is having a MAJOR sale with EXTRA 40% off sale styles- I am picking up these, these, this and this. So perfect for the winter.
- Pixi Beauty opened up the first store EVER in the United States this week (yesterday to be exact) in Venice, and OMG so much goodness is coming. Influencer collaborations have me wanting this, this, and this!
- I have been making some YUMMMYYYY meals from this awesome new cookbook I have – all for my Instant Pot.
So that wraps up this week’s link love. Let me know what were some of your favorite reads and finds this week in the comments below… Happy Weekend everyone!