You have heard the narrative before… times get tough, and you run a while for awhile- but guess what… I am BACKKKKK! So today we are kicking off a new series and chatting about a few things I am currently testing…
Happy Monday you guys!!! I have to admit this is probably the first Monday in a REALLY long time that I have actually posted. It’s almost as if I semi-quit my job! The job I have invested a lot of time in, and in the process, I let you all down.
Which leads me to this- I AM SO SORRY! I am sorry I have been neglecting this little place here on the internet that so many of you have stopped by regularly to see if I have dropped any new content. On which I failed. In fact, I did the worst thing I could possibly do- and I let you hanging. I stopped posting here, I stopped posting on Instagram, and just worked through the motions of what I thought I needed to do- the bare minimum that I was required to do.
I could give you 90 million excuses as to why….
BUT I won’t do that!
Instead, we are just going to move forward and moving forward every Monday, Wednesday and Friday there WILL be new content over here on Makeup Life and Love. I can promise you that- come hell or high water (I might still be working on the times of posting) but I will make sure to post no matter what.
From now on I want you to be able to count on me. I want you to trust me and I know in order to do that- it will take work. Work that I am willing to put in and show you that I care about you all as much you all care about me.
Sooooo… with that being said, let’s jump right into a new weekly series I am going to start (TODAY) that focuses on new launches, things I am currently testing and of course things I am loving of the week. Almost like a Friday Favorites with a twist. So let’s get started….
// CURRENTLY TESTING + LOVING //
Just a few things I just got in my mail, and am currently testing out… These are the ones that made the cut this week.
- FRESH SUGAR STRAWBERRY EXFOLIATING FACE WASH – Hands down when this arrived at my front door I literally jumped at the chance to wash my face like 90 hours before bedtime just so I could try it. Not only does this exfoliating face wash smell like the perfect strawberry salad on your skin, it is sooooo gentle. My skin after I rinsed felt so incredibly soft and smooth and I even think my pores looks less enlarged. I am LOVING this so far
- IT COSMETICS YOUR SKIN BUTTER BETTER OIL FREE MAKEUP PRIMER – This primer might just be my summertime new BFF. Literally the weather this last week in SoCal has been raging hot, and this primer has actually helped my makeup stay put and in place WITHOUT causing my makeup to cake. I know a few other girls who have tried this from dry skinned to super oily skinned and so far we have all had the same experience- it LOCKS your makeup in and keeps it in place all day long. Ladies and gentlemen- I think we have found our new BFF in the form of a primer.
- GOOD MOLECULES DISCOLORATION CORRECTING SERUM – I grabbed this on a whim when I was cruising through my emails and saw that Beautylish was launching a line that price point wish was going to be similar to The Ordinary. So I grabbed the entire collection for a steal of a deal. I have to admit this + the brightening serum I have been using for a few weeks now and I feel like the two together are a dynamic duo. My dark spots are so much less and I feel like my skin looks so much brighter and even. For $12 I am VERY impressed.
- GOOD MOLECULES DAILY BRIGHTENING SERUM – Another product from the Good Molecules collection and I am really liking this serum. It is SUPER affordable at just $9 and I have to admit I feel my skin does in fact look brighter when used daily. You only have to use 3-5 drops on the skin- patted in and I am finding that my skin is really like this serum with its unique blend of Beta Arbutin and Hyaluronic Acid- I can see how it is really helping block overstimulated melanin production- so far no new dark spots. Fingers crossed!
- BIOSSANCE SQUALANE + TEA TREE BALANCING OIL –You guys this facial oil is AMAZING! I love that it is the perfect blend of squalene and tea tree. Not only is it perfect for combination – oily skinned gals but it also helps calm and soothe the skin when you have pesky breakouts and enlarged pores. I am OBSESSED with this oil and have been using it for the past two weeks. I have noticed that I am getting lesser breakouts especially when it comes to that time of the month. I have also been trying out a few other products from Biossance but more to come on those soon.
// CURRENTLY HAPPENING + LINKS I AM LOVING //
Curious what’s been happening this week on Makeup Life and Love and around the web…
- Last week, Angela and I launched a new series called Brand Spotlight. We threw the spotlight on one of our top favorites – PCA SKIN. In case you missed it – we have a giveaway happening right now over HERE that ends this week. So be sure to head over HERE and enter! The skincare is sooooo good and it’s a perfect way to win some great goodies from the brand.
- Sunday Riley has arrived at QVC! You guys this is MAJOR news. All of my favorite products available on QVC for easy pay payment plans. I mean, what more can you ask for- awesome skincare products for as low as 6 easy payments. It’s a win, win!
- MAJOR product launch about to happen in the beauty world. Queen Pat McGrath is launching 36 foundation shades! Sheer to medium coverage and if it’s anything like her other products – it will be insanely good. I seriously can’t wait for this launch to drop in July. It’s going to be AMAZING!
- My friend Lauren shared some of her top tips to apply self-tanner like a pro. No more oompah loompah or streakiness. Her tips are GOLD!
- Headed to Disneyland this summer? My friend Carly shared all the awesome things happening this summer at California Adventure and the lowdown on what to do before heading to Star Wars Land.
// CURRENTLY IN MY SHOPPING CART //
After scouring the internet for hours, between launches and upcoming releases, these are things that are making their way into my shopping cart and into my arsenal…
- I am so intrigued by two new mascaras. The new Laura Mercier Caviar Volume Panoramic Mascara literally looks like the perfect mascara to give you long luscious lashes in just two coats. While the Urban Decay Perversion Waterproof Mascara looks like something I need in my arsenal ASAP! I love a great waterproof mascara and this one is the perfect pitch black. Hello falsies without actually wearing false lashes.
- Chanel Les Beiges Water Fresh Tint– I have been a long time lover of all Chanel Les Beiges the line in general. This tint looks like the perfect booster to help give you a glowing complexion all summer long. It reminds me of a radiance primer but looks a bit more pigmented and less disco ball. Plus you can wear it with or without makeup on top.
- Tata Harper Skincare Hyaluronic Acid Serum– Just because I am combination to oily skinned- it doesn’t mean that I stray from a great hydrating serum. This one sounds dreamy as it help drench the skin but remaining lightweight- this might just be what my combination-oily skin needs.
- If you have been a long time reader then you know I LOVE Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. The long time favorite of mine just got a new little sister in the form of the Advanced Night Repair Intense Reset Concentrate. This stuff sounds awesome as it is a night time treatment that has been proven to help soothe irritated skin in just one hour leaving the skin poreless, perfect and hydrated. Sounds like something I need when my skin has been acting up a bit and breaking out.
- Last but not least a new illuminator. RODIN olio lusso has been a favorite of mine (the brands lip balm is insanely good) but I have never seen them jump into the makeup field. Not only is this illuminator too pretty to use it looks like the perfect shade for my medium tan all summer long. I might be checking out on Nordstrom as I write this….
So there you have it- a few things I am loving, testing and have in my shopping cart this week. So head out, be awesome, and have the most wonderful week you guys! Who else is ready to go and tackle Monday like a champ? Don’t worry, We got this!
SHOP THE POST
What are some things you are current lusting for? Let me know in the comments below…